Dog Travel to Canada and Mexico

The CDC is changing the requirements for dogs traveling across the border by automobile starting August 1, 2024.

Dogs must have a Certification of U.S.-Issued Rabies Vaccine Form approved by the USDA.

A USDA Accredited Veterinarian must examine the pet to submit this form.

What this means for you the owner:

We have USDA Accredited Veterinarians here that can complete the exams and paperwork.

Once the Certification of U.S.-Issued Rabies Vaccine Form has been issued, it is valid until the vaccination expires. It can be used to cross the border multiple times.

This is only for Dogs vaccinated and residing in the United State permanently while traveling to Mexico or Canada by car. If traveling through other countries or residing in another country, please contact the CDC for importation of Dogs information.

If flying, we ask that you contact a pet transport company that can organize the paperwork, examination schedule, and if needed transportation for the pet. We can still provide the examinations.

We work regularly with Air Animal Pet Movers (

Cats travelling to Canada or Mexico by car will only need a Rabies Certificate to re-enter the United States.

Get the best care for your best friend.

Call us to request an appointment
Skip to content